We strongly advise you to familiarise yourself with the CBSE Class 10 Maths exam pattern, syllabus, and chapter-wise mark weightage because Maths is one of those subjects that most students find difficult. The days leading up to the exam are significant for all students.
Students might pass their Maths board examination without stress if they use their time wisely. Therefore, students must thoroughly prepare for the CBSE Class 10 Maths exam. In this article, CBSE Class 10 Maths students will get the most effective preparation strategy suggested by subject experts and important chapters for the CBSE Class 10 Exam.
Overview of Important Topics for Class 10 CBSE Maths Exams
Practice all the important questions from the chapters. Use the CBSE Class 10 Maths notes for important questions for board exam 2023 as a resource to quickly revise essential topics that will help you score well in exams. Below are unit-wise important topics to revise from class 10 Maths notes.
- Number System: This unit includes a Real Number chapter in which essential topics are Proofs of irrationality and Arithmetic Theorems.
- Algebra: This unit covers important topics like a polynomial’s zeros, the relationship between a quadratic polynomial’s zeros and coefficients, a pair of linear equations in two variables and the graphical method, Factorisation method, using the quadratic formula, and the arithmetic progression derivation of the nth term.
- Coordinate Geometry: Review of linear equation graphs and coordinate geometry concepts, Distance calculation, and Internal division formula for sections. Review the triangle and circle chapters on the theorem.
- Trigonometry: Refer to Class 10 Maths notes for revising Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle and proof of their existence, Relationships between the ratios, proof of identities, and solving problems related to height and distance
- Mensuration: Area of sectors and segments of a circle, Problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference
- Statistics and Probability: Problems determining the probability of an occurrence and mean, median, and mode of grouped data
Tips and Tricks to Ace CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam
- Keeping these theories, formulas, and concepts handy is usually advised because solving math problems requires memorising formulas.
- Try to be accurate while addressing Maths problems quickly.
- Clearly understand your curriculum and the importance of each chapter.
- Practice as many questions as possible and try solving mock tests.
- Understanding the chapters where you need to pay closer attention will undoubtedly help you perform better.
- Students should use Polynomial Class 10 Notes and other chapter revision notes for quick revisions.
Students are advised to carefully review the syllabus and develop a plan for preparing the topics according to their weightage or degree of difficulty. Students should regularly revise Math’s important topics like Polynomial Class 10 Notes to grasp crucial concepts.
- Is the curriculum for basic Mathematics the same as for standard Mathematics in CBSE Class 10 Mathematics?
Yes. Basic and standard Mathematics follow the same curriculum. But for these courses, the format and level of questions asked in the Maths exam vary.
- Which chapter in the CBSE Board class 10 Maths syllabus is the most important?
All four chapters of Class 10 Maths Unit 2 Algebra are important according to the CBSE Class 10 syllabus’s division of marks, and they are worth 20 marks.