Hospital and long-term healthcare facilities need to be extremely cautious when it comes to the disposal methods of biohazardous waste. They should partner with the right company to ensure this waste is safely disposed of from the premises without harming the patients and staff of their establishments.
Multiple companies specialise in the disposal of biohazardous waste in the UK. However, when looking for the right company, you need to research and verify its credentials.
The best company will always have an extensive modern healthcare waste management policy that meets new risk prevention and infection control levels. The professionals are trained in all areas of waste management and use hands-free containers to protect your clinical staff against cross-contamination.
Check out their customers and references
Credible companies partner with multiple healthcare facilities, right from NHS hospitals to long-term care units. They support their customers in redefining their clinical waste management strategies when it comes to safety, efficiencies in labour, infection control, risk reduction, and patient interruption. In fact, they never adopt a one-sized approach towards their customers.
Team of trained and dedicated experts
They have a team of experts specialising in Biohazardous waste disposal procedures to meet the unique needs of their customers. They advocate safety in their actions to ensure the following-
- The waste containers, reusable in nature, enable a hands-free disposal method to reduce the risks of cross-contamination.
- Reducing patient interruptions and risks via mobile waste containers that can seamlessly be moved in and out of patient environments
- A basic belief that some changes in behaviour and the appropriate solutions can positively impact your areas of clinical safety
The major challenges commonly linked to healthcare waste management include-
- Poor segregation of waste- This results in increased inflation costs.
- Poor hygiene- Hand hygiene is essential, and there is an increased risk of pathogens being transferred with containers that dirty hands have touched.
- Safety risks are increased- Containers without safety mechanisms are giving rise to more needlestick injuries and other occupational hazards.
- CO2 Outputs and high landfill- Landfill and the emission of CO2 have increased due to the excess plastic present in clinical waste and sharps streams.
- Restrictions in storage and space- The containers with waste are placed poorly, leading to occupational risks inside the compound of the hospital.
- Absence of traceability- A lack of waste tracking and disposal visibility leads to unmeasured inflation in costs and risks in compliance.
A good company understands no two healthcare establishments are the same. However, they share a common objective- to deliver optimal patient results through a safe and environmentally friendly clinical approach. This is where a credible company starts its endeavour when it comes to biohazardous waste disposal.
When you partner with the right company, you are assured that your waste management disposal techniques are in safe hands. This gives you the scope to focus on other core areas of the establishment, knowing your patients and staff are safe.