Looking for math activities to engage your little ones? Then, you have landed on the right page. On this page, you will find a variety of math activities to keep the kids involved in learning for an extended period of time. Activities make kids learning fun. Moreover, these are hands-on and fun ways for young ones to learn mathematical concepts and improve their number sense. These activities are apt for kids in a classroom or small group instruction, or homeschool.
During the initial stages of learning, the parents and teachers can introduce kids to simple activities like Counting Activities for Preschoolers, available at Osmo. Once the little minds feel comfortable understanding, grasping and remembering the counting, they can be taught some advanced activities. However, children tend to get bored of the typical classroom or homeschool curriculum. Hence, it is suggested that tutors include some fun activities during the class hours. Here are a few fun math activities for kids.
Fun Math Activities for Kids
Besides motivating the children to enjoy their study time, activities and activity-based learning are adequate for their education. When kids are involved in an activity, it helps them remember and retain information accurately. Moreover, coding toys for kids help them in understanding the advanced techniques of the 21st-century education system. These toys are designed to give the little minds some exercise to think and find a solution to any math problem. Also, math activities assist kids in thinking independently and solving problems by trial and error method. Here are a few math activities for kids to engage in while learning.
- Number Toss Activity: When the little ones are just on the brink of learning their numbers, they can count pretty well, and they would begin to identify a few of the numbers. However, they tend to skip some numbers when they start counting. Hence, the number toss activity helps them focus on the missing numbers. Osmo’s Counting Activities for Preschoolers help kids learn counting effectively.
- Post-it notes or a tape and paper
- Crayons or markers
- Bean bags
How to Play?
- Firstly, write the numbers from 1 to 10 on small pieces of paper and stick them to the stairs.
- Once the numbers are in place, ask the children to toss the bean bag to the numbers they often miss in the sequence.
- When the kids are confident about the numbers, randomly tell a number aloud and ask them to toss the bean bag.
- Snowflake Patterns: This math activity motivates kids to be wizards of creativity. Creative play or activities help little ones think and create patterns. Creating colorful geometric patterns are an excellent way to teach a sense of shapes and patterns in the kids’ minds.
- Cookie sheet or a tray
- Pattern blocks made of wood
How to Play?
- Firstly, collect some wooden pattern blocks. These wooden blocks are inexpensive and can be used for a number of different learning activities.
- Now, challenge the young children to create snowflakes with these blocks.
- Provide each child with a tray or cookie sheet to arrange the blocks.
- When they create these blocks, they get to learn about more geometric shapes and patterns.
Osmo has a variety of games and activities for the benefit of kids. Make sure to visit the website to know more.