If you’re looking for ways to save money on your energy bill, a smart thermostat is a great option. Smart thermostats can help you save money by automatically adjusting the temperature based on your usage and schedule, so you don’t have to worry about wasting energy.
There are a few different ways to use a smart thermostat to save money on your energy bill. Here are a few tips:
- Set it and forget it– One of the great things about smart thermostats is that you can set them and then forget about them. Once you’ve set your preferences, the thermostat will automatically adjust the temperature based on your usage and schedule. This means that you don’t have to waste energy by manually adjusting the temperature yourself.
- Use energy-saving features– Many smart thermostats offer energy-saving features that can help you save money on your energy bill. For example, some thermostats have an away mode that will automatically lower the temperature when you’re away from home, so you’re not wasting energy keeping your home at a comfortable temperature when no one is there.
- Get alerts– Some smart thermostats in Provo can send you alerts if your energy usage is higher than usual, so you can make adjustments to save money. For example, if you get an alert that your AC is running more than usual, you may be able to adjust your thermostat settings to reduce your energy usage.
- Compare prices– Smart thermostats can also help you save money by allowing you to compare prices from different energy providers. This way, you can make sure you’re getting the best deal on your energy bill. You can also use a smart thermostat to switch energy providers if you find a better deal.
- Save on your heating and cooling costs– Heating and cooling your home can be one of the biggest expenses on your energy bill. A smart thermostat can help you save money on these costs by automatically adjusting the temperature based on the weather outside. For example, if it’s a cold day, the thermostat will automatically lower the temperature in your home to save you money on your heating costs.
- Get rebates– Many utility companies offer rebates for customers who use smart thermostats. These rebates can help offset the cost of purchasing a smart thermostat.
- Save on your hot water costs– If you have a tankless water heater, you can save money on your energy bill by using a smart thermostat to control the temperature of your hot water. Tankless water heaters only heat the water when you need it, so you’re not wasting energy keeping a tank of hot water warm when you don’t need it.
- Use less energy– Smart thermostats can also help you save money by helping you use less energy. For example, some thermostats have energy-saving features that will automatically turn off the lights when you’re not using them. This can help you save money on your energy bill by reducing your overall energy usage.
Follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to saving money on your energy bill with a smart thermostat.